I think my my juices only flows when I do a listing. I believe I need to make an appointment with the conjunction family before I could truly come up with one cohesive paragraph. Anyway, here are my thoughts:
- Did anyone see No Reservations last night? Of course you did. This was the Saudi Arabia show where at the beginning of the episode Tony showed how he narrowed down his choice of places to visit to three places: Saudi Arabia, Buffalo, NY, and the Philippines. He interviewed these three people whose video submissions he chose. The guy who voted Philippines was in my opinion not the right one to accompany Tony to the country he obviously knew nothing about. While I would love for Tony to enjoy my homeland, this was not that time. The Saudi episode was great I thought.
- It was not the tomato???? Really? So now it’s the poor jalapeno pepper huh! The salmonella outbreak that pinned tomato as the carrier now has a new source, the real source? Anyway, despite the seriousness of the threat of salmonella, our household did not stop buying and eating tomato. Too bad for the tomato industry for all their lost income.
- American Idol summer auditions were conducted here in San Fran last Thursday, July 17. Was this the first for the summer? Had I known it way in advance I would have taken a day off and had a field day photographing all those wannabes. Sayang! 😛
- Girl shouting match at the tracks? Danica Patrick and some girl were shown yelling (okay the other girl was yelling, per Danica interview) at each other. While I don’t mind girls driving and racing, this is a consequence when there are girls around. Sometimes, girls can’t get along. And I don’t want to see that in a Nascar setting, even on the sidelines. It kills the experience for me. (I am not a Nascar fan, I just watch sports highlights :D)
- Last Friday, darling husband and I took a day off, a much needed rest from work, plus hubby’s vacation cap is getting full. He must use his time off or lose it. Use it we did. I too have plenty of vacay time available so it was easy to request a day off at a day’s notice. So what did we do? Nope, we did not rest, did not stay at home and vege out on the couch watching dvds. We went for a drive, inspite of the high gas prices. The sacrifices you do for your passion really. It was a beautiful day, cool, typical of the summers here in the Bay. Our destination was Stinson Beach in Marin county. We always go to Point Reyes and drive by Stinson Beach, but never really took time to stop and go to the beach. Wow! No wonder it is popular. It is so gorgeous. And crowded for a Friday. I overheard one lady say that the idea of taking a day off must not be novel. It sure looked like a lot of people took the Friday off. We ended our day in Marin county by driving 13 miles to Olema for a very late lunch. Overall, Friday was a fun day.