Poison hemlock grows wild in this area. It is sometimes mistaken for wild parsley or carrot. All parts of this plant are poisonous and should not be eaten or fed to the farm animals. If you are not sure what poison hemlock looks like here is how to identify: it is a tall branching plant that can reach a height of ten feet; the stem is smooth and dotted with purple spots; the leaves are fern-like; and the flowers form large, open white clusters. When broken, the fresh stems have a strong odor.
The farm animals, especially the goats and rabbits, can be harmed if they are fed poison hemlock. Some have died. Many animals like goats cannot digest foods that are not part of their natural diet. Please do your part and not feed the animals.