I haven’t done a Six Pack in a long time so I am excited to do another one.
Here are six Christmas traditions of my growing up years:
- We did not wrap gifts nor open presents.
- We always got new clothes for Christmas.
- Attending the midnight mass was a must.
- Noche Buena consisted of nilaga, queso de bola, and hamon.
- We jumped from anywhere high as soon as the church bell rings on both Christmas Eve and New Years Eve in the hope of getting taller.
- Brother #3 always gives out a stick of gum for Christmas.
Happy Holidays every one. Peace.
December 25, 2008 at 5:46 am
nilaga for noche buena? now that is pretty interesting, not to mention yummy! maybe i should send you pechay by mail for that nilaga LOL i wonder why you don’t wrap gifts nor open presents hmmm… but i must say when i was a kid i did jump too on new year’s eve. happy holidays!
December 25, 2008 at 4:42 pm
My family also did #s 2 and 3. As for #4, instead of the nilaga, we had spaghetti. I tried doing #5 once but the following year yielded no substantial results. Hehehe 😀
I hope you won’t mind but I also added this blog of yours to my links. Thanks and Merry Christmas again!
December 27, 2008 at 2:27 am
and i thought that jumping was on new years eve hehe
i know a lot people who did that…frustrated though 😦
will link this alternate blog of yours too
enjoy the holidays