I have been tagged again, this time by my lovely cyberpal/blogging bud G at Mirage As Usual. Truth of the matter is I have seen this tag do the rounds of blogs I read and somehow I had sensed it would reach me sooner or later. So here are my random answers:
1. WHAT WAS I DOING 10 YEARS AGO?
I can’t remember much of what 1998 was about. But there is one date, June 28, 1998, that stick out like a sore thumb. It was on that day that I started my employment here at the same company where I presently work. Which means, I have just marked my 10th year anniversary with the same company. 10 years!!!!! Talk about staying power. On June 28, 2008, my husband and I went out for Mexican food (my perennial celebratory food) to celebrate the date. He asked if I was celebrating my entry to this company and why???? My reply garnered a chuckle and a big hug: I was not celebrating my entry to this company. I was celebrating the fact that from this day on, I won’t be working with _____(my former employers) in a job that sucked to the high heavens. He chuckled because he knew I was telling the truth and that the celebration was reasonable and well deserved. He worked there too at the same time I was there. That was where I met my husband.
2. WHAT ARE THE FIVE THINGS ON MY TO-DO LIST TODAY?
- Decide on the specific cake I want to bake.
- Fold laundry.
- Make a grocery list for Friday’s trip to Costco.
- Upload pictures to costco.com for prints.
- Update blog
3. SNACKS I ENJOY:
Green mango with bagoong, chips (who doesn’t love them?), watermelon seeds, cornick, ukoy
4. PLACES WHERE I LIVED:
- Guerrero Street —-Tarlac
- Buencamino Alley, San Sebastian Street, and MH Loyola Street —-Manila
- East Bay—-San Francisco Bay Area (California)
5. THINGS I’D DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE:
- Buy houses for family
- Set up foundation to send needy children to school
- Give to charities (red cross, foundations for the preservation of parks, i.e. Yosemite, Kings-Sequioa, etc.)
- Buy the San Francisco Giants team (hehehehe, totally selfish side of me)
- Build a totally rad rec center in my hometown equipped with the latest gadgets for kids and teeners to have a place to learn and play