I have been tagged again, this time by my lovely cyberpal/blogging bud G at Mirage As Usual. Truth of the matter is I have seen this tag do the rounds of blogs I read and somehow I had sensed it would reach me sooner or later. So here are my random answers:
1. WHAT WAS I DOING 10 YEARS AGO?
I can’t remember much of what 1998 was about. But there is one date, June 28, 1998, that stick out like a sore thumb. It was on that day that I started my employment here at the same company where I presently work. Which means, I have just marked my 10th year anniversary with the same company. 10 years!!!!! Talk about staying power. On June 28, 2008, my husband and I went out for Mexican food (my perennial celebratory food) to celebrate the date. He asked if I was celebrating my entry to this company and why???? My reply garnered a chuckle and a big hug: I was not celebrating my entry to this company. I was celebrating the fact that from this day on, I won’t be working with _____(my former employers) in a job that sucked to the high heavens. He chuckled because he knew I was telling the truth and that the celebration was reasonable and well deserved. He worked there too at the same time I was there. That was where I met my husband.
2. WHAT ARE THE FIVE THINGS ON MY TO-DO LIST TODAY?
- Decide on the specific cake I want to bake.
- Fold laundry.
- Make a grocery list for Friday’s trip to Costco.
- Upload pictures to costco.com for prints.
- Update blog
3. SNACKS I ENJOY:
Green mango with bagoong, chips (who doesn’t love them?), watermelon seeds, cornick, ukoy
4. PLACES WHERE I LIVED:
- Guerrero Street —-Tarlac
- Buencamino Alley, San Sebastian Street, and MH Loyola Street —-Manila
- East Bay—-San Francisco Bay Area (California)
5. THINGS I’D DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE:
- Buy houses for family
- Set up foundation to send needy children to school
- Give to charities (red cross, foundations for the preservation of parks, i.e. Yosemite, Kings-Sequioa, etc.)
- Buy the San Francisco Giants team (hehehehe, totally selfish side of me)
- Build a totally rad rec center in my hometown equipped with the latest gadgets for kids and teeners to have a place to learn and play
6. PEOPLE I WANT TO KNOW MORE ARE: Geri, Lizza, Mr. Baker, Rachel,Megamom, and BW.
July 16, 2008 at 9:54 pm
Wow! I can sense that: years at work weren’t really paradise, but you met your better half sometime while there, very nice story!
Your answers in #3 & #4 pretty much confirmed that you’re Pinoy, kasi all the while I had the impression that you just lived there for a while (as a student)…
Well, ano gagawin mo after buying the team? hihi
Thanks for doing this M, am glad that you did.
July 17, 2008 at 2:24 am
Cool. I’ll do this. Real soon. 😀
July 17, 2008 at 3:06 pm
COuld you be more specific with no. 5 ? I mean how much money are we talking about hehe 🙂
Thanks for the tag. My pleasure 🙂
July 17, 2008 at 9:16 pm
Hahaha, love your billionaire list! I think I’d do a lot of those too, except I’d buy a different football team. The other kind of football–soccer! 😀
I haven’t been around for quite a while now, and I missed learning about this blog of yours.
Will do the tag, I will. Thanks for thinking of me.
P.S. Marunong kang mag-kapampangan?
July 17, 2008 at 10:24 pm
G—yan ah wala ng duda, pinay ako 100%.
July 17, 2008 at 10:25 pm
Panaderos and BW–thanks buddies, can’t wait.
July 17, 2008 at 10:26 pm
Lizza—napasyal ka, wa biyasa kong magkapangpangan 😛
Rach (Heart of Rachel)
July 19, 2008 at 5:24 pm
Thanks for the tag. I’ll try to do it soon.
Talking about green mango and bagoong, I just had some indian mango recently. I like it half ripe with bagoong.
July 21, 2008 at 1:41 am
Thanks for the tag, sorry for late reply. I will work on this soon I hope. Just been so busy with so many things lately. 🙂
July 23, 2008 at 3:16 am
I will make this one of my entries for this week. Seems like a fun thing to do. Happy 10th year anniv. I enjoyed getting to know you more MC!
July 30, 2008 at 4:48 am
Ok, I guess with the pingback, you already know that I took care of the tag.